It is customary to give charity generously and liberally during all the days of repentance, but on the day before Yom Kippur this is even more the case, for tzedakah is a great source of merit and serves as protection against harsh decrees.
Imagine if your single dollar could reach and even help hundreds of Shluchim of the Rebbe in their holy work?
The concept is simple: You donate a dollar a day for either a full year of 365 days or a single month of 30 days. A Shluchim couple will be chosen on a daily basis to receive the accumulative amount that has been collected directly to their bank account.
Read more here.
Rosh Hashana, 5738 at a farbrengen the Rebbe spoke about the mitzvah of Ma’os Chittim, pointing out that the needs of the poor during Tishrei are even greater than during Nissan. He suggested that a fund be established supplying Shabbos and Yom Tov necessities to the needy. Shimshon and Martha Stock OBM answered the Rebbe’s call. For over 40 years, CSSY has continuously been feeding the poor and needy and providing them with Simchas Shabbos & Yom Tov during Tishrei and throughout the year. CSSY
Be a Giver. Every Single Day. Keren Hashana was established by the Lubavitcher Rebbe, Rabbi Menachem M. Schneerson, of righteous memory, to ensure that people perform the mitzvah of giving tzedaka—daily. Monies from Keren Hashana are distributed twice daily, before morning and afternoon services, for charitable purposes.
Keren Hashana, a unique charitable fund, makes giving to charity easy, in fact, it will actually do the mitzvah for you! Keren Hashana
- Ukrainian Child – Born a Refugee – Welcomed into Jewish Community in WarsawWhen an 8-day-old Jewish boy received a Brit Milah Thursday in Chabad of Warsaw’s bustling center, the ceremony held far more significance than it ordinarily would have. The young boy is the child of Ukrainian refugees, a family who made the harrowing journey out from under Russian fire.
- Gan Academy Closes on New Yeshiva BuildingGan Academy in Crown Heights has announced that they have closed on the acquisition of the building for the Yeshiva division, located in East Flatbush.
- Urgent: Special Children Yearn for a Jewish EducationFinal hours of the campaign: Urgent need for funds so precious Jewish children with special needs can attend Jewish schools.
- Shluchim, Askonim Lead Shluchim Office Annual FundraiserA group of Askonim and Shluchim led by director Rabbi Gedalya Shemtov are leading the annual fundraiser for the Shluchim Office which will take place this Sunday, Chof Zayin Sivan.
- The Time Lipa Schmeltzer Wanted to Become LubavitchWatch: Flashback video of Jewish singer Lipa Schmeltzer taking lessons from comedian Mendy Pellin and others in Crown Heights on how to become a Lubavitcher chossid.
- Wrapping Up 25 Years, Unwrapping a Sefer TorahLubavitch Mesivta of Chicago is celebrating the completion of (its first) 25 years of outstanding education. Year after year, the Mesivta demonstrates a model of commitment and investment that launches their talmidim to outstanding academic achievement. In celebration of 25 years of top-notch education, the Mesivta is raising $500k in 36 hours in a triple-match ...
- 16-year-old bochur disappeared almost three months agoImagine if your child would – Heaven forbid – go missing for even 1 dreadful night. Moishy’s parents are going through all this for 85 consecutive nights already!
- Watch: What Does Soul II Soul Do?Watch: As Chasdei Soul II Soul is raising funds for its critical work, a short clip explains what they do for the special children in our community.
- Rabbi Kotlarsky Recalls Colombia Visit During Shiva CallMerkos Vice Chair Rabbi Moshe Kotlarsky recalled the special friendship he formed in Bogota in the 1970s during a shiva call to the family of Shlucha Shevy Piekarski OBM.