MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 329, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, November 1, 2020 / 14 Cheshvan 5781 – 8:00-9:00PM EDT
The topics in this week’s 329th episode:
· Chassidus Applied to Chof Cheshvan and Vayeira
· Did the biblical stories of the avos actually happen or are they just metaphors?
· What is unique about the revelation of Vayeira when G-d revealed Himself earlier to Abraham?
· Why did Abraham wait to perform the mitzvah of bris until he was 99?
· Chof Cheshvan: 160th anniversary of the Rebbe Rashab’s birth: What is the connection between the Rebbe Rashab crying for divine revelation with his life and legacy?
· Why are my parents insisting that I move out of my home at 27 when Abraham left his home at 75?
· How do we know that Lot’s wife turned into a pillar of salt?
· What is the Rebbe’s view on preserving the USA?
· Should we vote for Trump or Biden?
· Would it be a chilul hashem for someone to publicize that they are voting for Trump?
· Can we vote in a church building?
· What would the government be like without G-d?
· What should I do about my online addictions?
Chassidus question: Was Abraham the first Jew? Part II
MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest 3rd place winners:
o English essay, $1,000 winner: The Alter Rebbe’s Brilliant Solution to the Addict’s Dilemma, Shraga Crombie, 38, Shliach, Chabad House at Rutgers University, Edison, NJ
o Hebrew essay (men), $500 winner: How to choose the correct diet? כיצד לבחור דיאטה נכונה? Rabbi Dovid Zalmanov, Kiev, Ukraine
o Hebrew essay (women), $500 winner: Taste of a Life. טעם החיים, Chana Berger, student, Migdal Ha’Emek, Israel
o Creative: Just a Leaf (lyrics and music), Esty Stern. 28, Brooklyn, NY
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EST, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.
It’s a Chillul Hashem not to support Trump.
In my humble opinion, this heading is a חילול השם
Check out R’ Jacobson’s reply to the question. You’ll be pleasantly surprised.
The Democratic party supports acts against the sheva mitzvos. The Republican party mention G-d, prayer and the law and order.
separating parents from children and trying to deny people access to affordable healthcare are not Jewish values.
…since Democrats have done both of those things (the “Affordable Health Care Act” caused many people to lose their coverage), then you’re right, don’t vote for them.
R. Jacobson starts out with the very sensible position that voting is intensely personal and it is not his role to tell people how to vote. But he quickly leaves this lofty stance behind by knocking liberal media (NY Times), asserting that character does not matter when electing a leader (only policy) and that no one could have done a better job in responding to Covid than Donald Trump. Its abundantly clear which candidate he favors. So why not just come out with it directly?
Actually I felt that he was leaning for Biden when he emphasized values that we believe in.
could you imagine how angry you would be if he bluntly supported trump.
Trump has established peace in the middle east and no new wars in four years. Only ones angry over this are liberals.