MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 375, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, October 17, 2021 / 11 Cheshvan 5782 – 8:00-9:00PM ET
· Chassidus applied to Vayeira
o Why did G-d appear to Abraham and what does that teach us?
o Why did Abraham turn away from G-d to greet guests? Doesn’t that seem rude?
o Why would a benevolent G-d ask Abraham to kill his son? And why did Abraham comply without question?
o Why do we teach our children this violent story?
o How were the angels able to eat with Abraham when they are spiritual beings that don’t consume physical food?
o Why did Sarah laugh when she heard that she would have a child at age 90?
o Why did Abraham protest G-d’s plan to destroy the evil city of Sodom?
o Why was Lot saved?
· Is the forecasted huge solar storm perhaps a sign of the sun being removed from its shield after Moshiach comes?
· How much should one invest in lottery tickets?
· Is there a guaranteed segulah that works in order to become wealthy?
· What should our attitude be toward gambling?
· How can I convince my friend to stop gambling away his money in casinos?
· What should I do about discovering my father watching inappropriate content?
· How do we distinguish between Taliban fundamentalism and l’havdil the “fundamentalism” described in the Torah?
· Chassidus question: What is the experience of “taanug in Elokus” supposed to look or feel like?
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM EDT, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask
The Medrash says that Avraham foresaw that from Lot would descend Ruth, Dovid HaMelech and ultimately Moshiach so he had a duty to save Lot!