MyLife: Chassidus Applied Episode 396, with Rabbi Simon Jacobson
Sunday, March 27, 2022 / 24 Adar II 5782 – 8:00-9:00PM ET
· Chassidus applied to Tazria and HaChodesh
o What lessons do we learn from this week’s Torah chapters?
o Is it possible to achieve renewal in our lives?
o What can we learn from people with tzaras leprosy being forced to quarantine?
o Why was it considered a good tiding if someone’s house had leprosy?
· Shemini Follow-up:
o Did Nadav and Avihu sin or did they sanctify G-d as ones who were “close” to Him”?
o How do we explain their behavior?
· Is there a connection between the four parshios of Shekalim, Zachar, Parah and HaChodesh and the four worlds of Atzilus, Beriah, Yetzirah and Asiyah?
· Do we continue to increase in joy in the days of Adar after Purim?
· How do we explain the ad d’lo yoda joy of Purim?
· Which redemption is greater: Purim or Passover?
· What is the significance of this year’s Hebrew calendar?
· Please provide perspective on the passing of Harav Chaim Kanievsky OBM
· Follow-up: Should we be compassionate to Ukrainians?
· Is it permissible to use a car and a phone on Shabbos during a war?
· How do I begin the process of growing through my difficult life?
· Reporting abuse to the police? Follow-up
· Chassidus question: What is the difference between shalosh klippos ha’tmayos and klipas nogah?
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of human experience.
This hour-long dose of insights, broadcast live every Sunday night 8-9PM ET, is meant to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face.
In what has become a staple in so many people’s lives, MyLife: Chassidus Applied has provoked a significant reaction from the community, with thousands of people viewing each live broadcast and hundreds of questions pouring in week after week. At the root of every question and personal challenge tackled by the series is the overarching question: Does Judaism have the answers to my personal dilemmas?
MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually. MyLife is brought to you by the Meaningful Life Center as a public service, free of charge.
Questions may be submitted anonymously at chassidusapplied.com/ask.